Sunday 11 November 2007

Think twice, Build once...

Not lots of progress this weekend. Namely because this isn't an entirely straightforward build, and I don't want to have to take it down again if I don't have to.

So, I've cleaned it all up, got the gasket surfaces spotless, found the new gaskets, studs, nuts and headbolts and done a little thinking.

First off is to put the new studs in. Loctite?? What torque? And do we use Yamabond on the base gasket?

I have new studs for the head. Should I use new copper washers?

And the cam lobe seems mighty close to the rockerbox. How close can it be?

I think I'll have to get on the blower and bug Martin Sweet at Slipstream. He's always been really helpful in the past, having played this game before.

"Hi Martin, please help me I'm a buffoon....."

I'll let you know what he reckons!

andy

No comments: