Thursday 15 November 2007

Calm before the storm!

Awaiting Andy's arrival tomorrow. Not sure if my modest garage will be big enough for the 'tidal wave' of parts that is about desend on me. On the plus side I will now be able to get on with nearly everything that has come to a halt; with hopefully all the parts I need to complete the suspension and brakes being included.

I am especially keen to get on with having the rear shock re-built in order that I can re-assemble the rear linkage. This will mean taking a varied selection of dampers and springs to Racing Lines (Derby) and seeing if they can make a 'goodun' from them. They quote £75 for a re-build on their web site and I will try to extract as much as I can for the money. Obviously they may say that they are all c**p and that we should consider a new one, but don't think the budget can stretch that far. Once this is done I can then start puttin the whole rolling chassis back together, including the re-burbished brakes.

We have been blessed with an assortment of wheels and tyres, and it will be very interesting to see if Andy gets on with the slicks we will probably run at some point. Before we have the winfall from Ash we were intending to only use intermediates as it meant we were relatively set for both dry and wet conditions. Now that we have the possibility of slicks its a whole new ball game needing tyre warmers and a generator. More expense...........

Anyway after this weekend things should progress fairly quickly and I would hope to have it 'rolling' within three to four weeks. This is obviously dependent upon turn around times by suppliers, my motivation during the cold nights and how much of the rapidly vanishing budget is needed for unplanned outlay.

Will post a few images next time!

Boyd

No comments: