Monday 22 October 2007

Update?

Not too much movement recently. Boyd has been having another sucessful weekend running the ThumperClub's stand at the Stafford Show, and I've been making the 2007 bike pretty over the last week, so that I can sell it.


Its been stripped, cleaned, polished, T-Cut, greased, WD-40'd, and is now on the way back up. I thought it was ok, but you know when you start polishing just a little bit, and then the rest looks rubbish?! I am not really that keen on polishing, as I think bikes are meant to be ridden, but I do admit, she's looking nice. I hope someone else agrees (and helps the Team-Thumper cause) by buying her.


I think I'll be putting the wiring loom back on it this evening.


Then I just need to find the headlamp brackets, raise the bars a bit, and... thats it!


Fellow ThumperClub member Rog has a nice race seat coming his way. This one:



for a (TZR-Rotax?) project he's working on. The seat's a little 2nd hand now, but he's contributed generously to the Team-Thumper coffers by buying my old kit! Thanks mate!


Try as I may, I dont have any other decent photos of the bike in road trim. And I've not had any daylight to take one of her as she is now. So as ever, I promise to post some photos before putting it on Ebay. I've never sold anything (but I have bought a lot of crap!), so i'm hoping Boyd can help me with this. Big Chap...?!

Cheers for now. Work has really ramped up recently, and is starting to get in the way of my motorcycle-based recreational pursuits! I'll have to start getting up earlier, and get into the garage with a bowl of cornflakes...




andy

No comments: