Saturday 13 October 2007

New Toy

I went over to fellow supermono racer Ash's place today. It was good to have a natter, and chew the cud in general, but really I went to pick up the "new" 2008 motor for the Tigcraft:

XTZ bottom end, with CR box, and carillo rod
Newly bored 640 XT top end
New 640 piston
nicely flowed head, with stainless springs and valves
2 CR carbs
2 pipes, and cans
Programmable ignition system and software

I also ended up with a tank, carbon fibre tank cover and seat unit
4 FZR400 wheels with wets and slicks
another 2 sets of XTZ cases
4 engine covers (2 each side for SRX/XT)
690 piston
spare XT head
XT ignition box
quarter turn throttle
clutch lever and 2 cables
shock for rebuilding
rear brake
rear sets, and levers
XTZ gearbox
Yoshi Cam,
Stage 2 cam
standard cam
cam wheels
valve springs
clutch spring
and various other bits and pieces
...and a whole lot of other stuff!

Ever get the impression he was having a clear out?!

Myself and boyd are really grateful for all the help we've had. It would really be an option without you guys (even then, I still owe him a big chunk of cash!!)

Will post some pics soon, and keep folks updated on the build. Some stuff will be going on Ebay, so let me know if need anything. I also have a complete SRX 608 motor, which I may be persuaded to part with...

Also have the fairing and a couple of seats from the 2007 bike if anyone's interested? I may have a buyer for the SRX as a sweet roadbike, so keep your fingers crossed!

Cheers for now!

andy

No comments: