Tuesday 23 October 2007

The "New" Frame

Wiring the old SRX for road use isn't as simple as I'd hoped! I gave up last night, and will have to RTFM. Anyway, as this is a race team, I reckon we should shut up about road bikes,

So here are a couple of pics of the chassis for the 2008 bike.


Boyd has been cleaning it up, and hopefully we won't find too many horrors


It's a Tigcraft, dating from 1991, and I think Dave Pearce (who made it) told Boyd that it won the championship that year?? He'd know! Oil is carried in the left hand beam of the frame, so we wont need an oil tank as such. No guarentees that it will seal tho, having had a good few years of Big Vibe singles between its wheels. So we'll have to wait and see how that actually pans out. Fingers crossed!


With the bits I got from Ash Norrington, among other things I managed to prise a second carbon fibre self-supporting seat unit from him- its a bit smaller than the one you see here. I also now have a (small!) ally tank, and carbon fibre cover, and a fairing, etc.


Ash also sorted us out with some lovely ally rearsets, and two pairs of FZR400RR wheels with slicks and wets. I think the existing rear wheel is KR1S, but the front looks like FZR to me...

I'm not sure about the 41mm KR1S forks, but maybe they can be made to work ok. They'll do for now anyway.

So, to those geneous folks who have sorted us out with "the readies", this is where they've been going! Once I can get the SRX wired, road tested and finished, I'll start on the new 640 motor, and let you know whats happening there.

Andy

No comments: