Tuesday 10 June 2008

Progress!

3 sets of valve stem seals, 2 camshafts, lots of thinking and stupid questions, long hours filing collets and a complete lack of any engineering prowess.

The motor is now in the frame and all the major bits are hanging on it. It even rolls... Oil lines have been problematic, tho Ben at Pirtek at Kings X has been trying hard to sort out the niggles.

I have a chain on its way, an immediate problem is the shift linkage. I have RH thread rose joints (M6 thread and 6mm pivot hole), and some M6 bar which will do for a link rod just now. However, all of the gear shaft clamps I have have old knackered rose joints (with LH threads) pressed in... And they wont press out. I need a clamp to bite onto the gear shift splines, with no rose joint on it...

Back the the Electronic Bay. Do such items exist? I'm about to find out...

Piccies soon!

a

No comments: